Photographer Interview ::: Caralee Case
I wanted to share an amazing photographer in the Idaho Region. I came across her work some time ago and have been stopping in every now and again to see what she is up to. Her work is so beautiful, clean and colorful. She has some of the prettiest and cutest newborn/baby photos around. If you are wanting to find inspiration or check out some great photography, head on over to her site!
Idaho Falls, Idaho : Caralee Case : Website
1a. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a full-time mom and a part-time photographer, with two amazing children (ages 9 and almost 5) and a wonderful supportive husband. I love to meet new people, make children laugh, capture the beauty and innocence of new life, and share my passion for photography with others.
1b. How long have you been a professional photographer?
Nearly 3 years
2. What do you photograph most of the time?
Newborns, babies and children
3. If you could photograph anything you wanted, for yourself and creativity, what would it be?
I love photographing newborns, babies and children, that is why they are my specialty. I am so lucky to be able to meet and capture such amazing little people! But I also enjoy challenging myself and stepping out of my comfort zone to photograph families and seniors every once in a while too.
4. How do you find inspiration?
I am inspired by everyday things in life; the innocence and beauty of my children, the flecks of color and sparkle in their eyes, and the way light falls on their faces. I am also inspired by the bold, bright colors of a sunset, patterns and trends I see in home décor, colors and textures from modern fashion, I could go on and on! Simply put, I see inspiration in everything!
5. What do you think makes a photographer successful in this industry?
Many things! Passion, a unique and creative eye, strategic marketing, and stellar customer service. I strive to offer a seamless, comfortable, and personalized experience for each of my clients. I truly love what I do, and I think it shows in every image that I take.
6. If you could offer your two cents on business advice, what would it be?
Evaluate where you are, where you want to be, and create an action plan to get there!
7. What body and lenses do you use most or are your favorite? I shoot with a Nikon D3s and a Nikon D300s. My go-to lens is the 24-70mm f/2.8, and I use my 50mm f/1.8 sometimes as well.